This website is the property of Meridian which is a trading name of Illsley & Son Ltd. Illsley & Son Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registration No: 06141717. Registered office: 297 Charminster Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 9QP.
By using this website you agree that you consent to and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
Meridian is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Meridian may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12th April 2018.
What we collect;
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- contact information including email address
- Primary ID *
- Address ID *
- Any other information relevant to the services we provide
Purposes of collection;
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applications for and providing Meridian products / services
- Conducting business and developing relationships with Meridian.
- Process payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see below), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent /franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about Meridian products, services, offers, programs and promotions.
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, websites, mobile applications, other digital assets and business.
- Developing new products and services
- Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising
- Functionality of our websites, mobile applications other digital assets
- Comply with industry standards and Meridian policies
In addition to help you with a property related service we have to comply with certain regulations for example the “Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (referred to as “the Regulations).” Meridian Estate Agents are required to obtain certain information from you to comply with regulations. The information provided will only be used by Meridian in relation to comply with the Regulations and will not be shared with any other party unless we are required to do so under law.
If you decide to enter in to a business relationship with Meridian Estate Agents to comply with certain regulations.
We will require two separate Identification documents one primary and one secondary document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending whether you are:
Purchasing (or Selling)
Primary documents – proof of ID
- Valid Passport with MRZ
- Valid full UK photo driving licence
- Valid full UK Driving licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo driving licence.
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland national Identity Card.
- Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card.
- Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides.)
- Valid Blue disabled drivers pass. (With photo)
- Valid Freedom Pass
- Valid Local Authority Bus pass.
- Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details including National Insurance Number dated within the last 12 months.
Secondary documents – proof of residence (home)
- Valid full UK photo driving licence.
- Valid full UK Driving licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
- Local authority council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
- UK Bank / Building societies statements/bills showing activity, dated within the last six months. Including account number and sort code. (Internet printed acceptable.)
- UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months.) (Internet printed acceptable.)
- Utility bill dated within the last 6 months including – Electricity bill (with MPAN number), Landline, Gas, Satellite TV, Water. (Internet printed acceptable.) (Not mobile phone bills.)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Inland Revenue (IR) Coding / assessment / statement (dated within the last 12 months) with National Insurance number.
- Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details and NI Number. (Dated within the last 12 months).
We reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purpose of verifying identity. This search will not affect your credit rating.
Lawful basis of processing;
Meridian processes your information under the following
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Meridian and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Meridian as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and service provided by the data controller
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
Information we share;
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc.
- Councils, utility providers, health and care providers
- Other Law firms
- Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
- Perspective landlords/landlords Agent requesting references via your written consent
How long do we keep information for;
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However Meridian reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Meridian.
For the purposes of business conduct, enhancement, identification of fraud, money laundering and other potential un-authorised activities, Meridian engages profiling activities via direct use or anonymisation of sensitive personal information.
- Benchmarking employees: appraisals, performance, bonus payments, disciplinary actions, improvement plans, promotions and awards.
- Background checks for existing and new employees, clients, applicants, affiliates
- Financial Viability analysis / reports
- Client portfolio position, performance, risk positions
- Anti-money laundering
- Tax reporting
- Credit defaulting / exposure
Indirect profiling via anonymisation of personal information is also used for preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymised information, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports for the purpose of advising our partners / affiliates and servicing institutions, retailers and other customers regarding past and potential future patterns of service usage, spending, fraud, and other insights that may be extracted from this data.
- Compiling and communicating promotional and marketing information about products and services that Meridian have that may be of interest to you.
- Conducting market research
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements.
The security of your personal information is very important, and Meridian is committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on our website from which we transfer certain personal information.
Meridian stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites;
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information;
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held for you please write to 297 Charminster Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 9QP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.