An agency you can trust
The Property Ombudsman (TPO) provides an impartial and independent service for resolving disputes. Agents who are members of TPO follow our Codes of Practice which set the standard expected from property professionals.
You can be sure that any agents who display the NALS logo are very closely monitored, and there are certain conditions that need to be met before we are able to accept their application to the scheme. They must:
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Have a designated client account with the bank. (Those firms who are part of NALS and members of ARLA, NAEA, RICS or the Law Society provide accounting information to their relevant body to meet their NALS licence criteria)
- Commit to being part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to landlords and tenants meeting all of NALS Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a landlord or tenant not be re-solved in-house
For the benefit of consumers these organisations require their firms/members to have: – professional indemnity insurance – defined accounting standards relating to clients money – a customer complaints procedure – membership of an ombudsman scheme For the benefit of consumers the SAFEagent campaign restricts registration to agents who are part of such organisations as these agents meet the stringent standards expected.
We have used Meridian as both tenants and landlords and I am pleased to say all of the staff are professional, exacting and tenacious. I would have no hesitation in recommending Meridian as an agent you can rely on and trust.